Integrated iron ore mining, rail and port projects in WA's Pilbara

About us

Roy Hill is a world-class mining operation, representing the next generation of integrated iron ore mining, rail and port projects in Western Australia’s Pilbara region.

We are the only independent iron ore operation that has significant Western Australian ownership, with Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd as our majority owner, holding a 70 per cent equity share. The remaining 30 per cent equity interest is held through a consortium comprising of Marubeni Corporation, POSCO and China Steel Corporation.

Located 340 kilometres south-east of Port Hedland, Roy Hill is a low phosphorus, Marra Mamba iron ore deposit located in the Pilbara – one of the world’s premier iron ore provinces.

As one of Australia’s single largest iron ore mines, we deliver enormous economic benefits to the Western Australian and Australian communities, delivering 55 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of iron ore to international markets, with recent approval to increase to 60Mtpa. We also provide employment to over 2,000 employees plus a number of contract suppliers and service providers. We are currently constructing a WHIMs plant to expand to 60Mtpa. This plant processes our tailings which is environmentally friendly and better utlises our ore body.

With our first shipment of ore from the Roy Hill mine occurring in December 2015, our young history is already marked with outstanding achievements, recognising our status as an industry-leading, innovative and technologically advanced organisation.

Our margin-focused approach is underpinned by innovation and continuous improvement, where the application of technology and the capability and attitude of our people future proof our business.

Lead | Care | Think | Perform

Roy Hill. Evolving Mining.