Health and wellness
At Roy Hill, we care for our people and are committed to creating a community that recognises and supports the well-being of our team members. We call this our Roy Hill Community.
We believe that by creating a sense of community between our staff and their families both on and off site we are able to be as resilient and supportive as possible. We encourage all staff to be as involved as possible and participate in the various activities that are supported.
To encourage healthy bodies and minds we have heavily invested in the facilities at our Roy Hill Mine Village, including:
- large gym (offering daily classes and on-site health and lifestyle coordinator),
- swimming pool,
- beach volleyball court,
- heritage walking track,
- multipurpose court for soccer, basketball and tennis,
- one indoor cricket net,
- state-of-the-art 250 raised seating auditorium for seminars and social events,
- Shift change facility with seven racing car simulators and two golf simulators, PlayStation, Xbox, music room, table tennis, foosball, snooker and darts,
- BBQ facilities, and
- The village wet mess featuring darts, pool tables, and garden area.
Gateway Village, which houses our port and rail employees, features:
- fully equipped gym, with full-time TasteLife Coaches who run group exercise classes as well as personal training sessions and provide nutritional advice,
- digital Les Mills exercise space, where you can download work out sessions 24/7,
- a recreation room featuring a range of casual lounge seating, pool tables, board games, dart boards, tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, and large-screen TV,
- a Roy Hill only shift change room, with lounge seating, TVs and arcade games – accessible 24/7,
- contemporary sports bar themed tavern with both dine in and takeaway options as well as ping pong, pool tables and interactive wall games with king size scrabble, checkers and chess,
- BBQ facilities throughout the village, and
- Guest phone app, with includes online ordering for take away meals, in-room delivery for drinks and food, maintenance requests, TasteLife appointments, menu and site notice viewings.
Our lifestyle coordinators enrich the lives of our FIFO employees through implementing lifestyle programs, which include a variety of activities, events and entertainment at the villages to make your time on-site more enjoyable.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program is provided by BSS and offers free professional counselling services to all our employees and their immediate family. This service is completely confidential and voluntary for staff to access if and when they need it.
Thriving Mining Families
As part of the Roy Hill Learning Community, the Thriving Mining Families initiative is a series of events that provide our employees and their families with practical guidance and advice on how to recognise and manage a range of matters that families may encounter. Examples of sessions include advice on:
- how to build stronger connections with colleagues, friends and partners,
- how to build better communication foundations for yourself and your family, and
- self-development workshops to help you discover areas within yourself, and your life, that need more attention.
Lifestyle, Learning and Recreation
The Lifestyle, Learning and Recreation program enhances and enriches our employee experience by identifying and financially supporting learning and recreational activities. If you have a great educational or recreational idea, event or activity that will have a positive impact on the lifestyle, learning and wellbeing of our Roy Hill Community, you can apply for funding to make your idea come to life! An example of this was the establishment of our very own radio station, Roy Hill Radio. We are the first Australian mining company to provide a community-based radio station for our employees, built and run by our employees. By actively being part of and leading these activities our staff are able to contribute to our community as well as grow their skills and capability. It allows each of us to shine and pursue our passions outside of work.
Our three social clubs – Mine; Port and Rail; and Perth – provide a number of different events, activities and opportunities to socialise with your work mates. Many of the events are also open to your partner and children, providing them with a chance to meet other FIFO families.
Health and safety – iCare
We are dedicated to providing a safe, productive and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors. Our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) System, known as ‘iCare’, covers the way we develop and manage HSE at Roy Hill.
iCare is a framework of policies, standards, processes, procedures, tools and controls that ensure a common HSE approach is followed consistently across the business.
All our operations comply with the applicable legal requirements as a minimum and go beyond those requirements where necessary to comply with our core values. Risk-based objectives, targets and actions are established, and integrated into our planning and decision-making processes, and are reviewed regularly to continually improve our safe system of work.
We all have people we love and care about, whether they are our spouse or partner, our children, our friends or other family members. Each time you get on a plane, or in your car to go to work, those people want you to return home in the same, if not better condition. At Roy Hill, our iCare framework is designed to help you do that.
Lead | Care | Think | Perform
Roy Hill. Evolving Mining.